So you’ve grown rocket (arugula) from seed and now frankly you’re inundated with it. Some will keep for seed, some go into salads etc, but still… a glut remains.
The answer is pesto. Yum.
Rocket PestoPin Recipe Print Recipe
- 2 cups 75g Rocket or other herbs firmly packed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup 75g cashews or other nuts
- 1/2 cup 75g Parmesan or other hard cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup 32g quality olive oil (you are eating this raw after all)
- black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Blend well all ingredients besides olive oil (TMX pulse on Turbo) until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides down and blend again.
- Add olive oil in a stream and blend until smooth (TMX 10sec/sp3).
- Add salt and pepper at the end on slow speed (TMX 3sec/sp2)
Even more handy is that you can use just about ANY herbacious leafy green. We often use Pak choy or spinach as a base and further flavour with rosemary, parsley, basil, rocket… you name it. The quickest meal with highly nutritious ingredients is just 20 minutes away. If you own a Thermomix (TMX) then you can make this pesto then cook pasta without even washing the bowl. At our place, Mr 14 is the pesto and pasta king. It is his go-to fast power meal. Add yummies like olives, preserved capsicum strips or any manner of tasty extras to your finished dish.